I’m back again and with a great recipe that will feed an army or at least a large family. I adapted this recipe from The Pioneer Woman and it was a wonderful. The mushrooms are cooked down in a little white wine and they had an amazing taste.
Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
~ 1 cut up rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli
~ 1 stick butter (1/2 cup butter)
~ 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
~ 1/4 cups dry white wine
~ salt and pepper
~ 1/4 cups flour
~ 2 cups chicken broth
~ 1 1/2 cup whole milk
~ 1/4 cups (additional) dry white wine
~ 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
~ 1 cup whole black olives, chopped
~ 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
~ freshly ground black pepper
~ extra cheese, for sprinkling
~ 1 pound thin spaghetti
1. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, 1/4 cup white wine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until liquid has totally evaporated. Remove mushrooms from skillet. Set aside.
2. Bring water to a boil. Break spaghetti into thirds or shorter pieces. Add spaghetti pieces to boiling water and cook. Drain when al dente.
3. Remove meat from bones and cut up until you have 2-plus cups of shredded chicken.
4. Return large skillet to medium-low heat. Add 6 Tbsp. butter. Sprinkle flour over butter, whisking to combine. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Pour in 2 cups broth and whisk to combine. Pour in milk, additional 1/4 cup wine, salt and pepper to taste, then cook and bubble until thick. Turn off heat, add Parmesan cheese, and stir.
5. Add mushrooms, chicken, and chopped olives. Stir to combine and check seasonings. Add cooked spaghetti and stir. Turn into a 9 x 13 casserole pan. Bake at 350o F or until golden brown and bubbly.
Click Below to Print Recipe