One of the food blogs that I recently stumbled upon and now follow is Two Peas and their Pod. I have tried several of their recipes and have loved them all. A couple of days ago she posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies and I knew I would be making them soon. I love peanut butter cookies and am always a fan of the Snickers bar. A match made in heaven if you ask me and the recipe didn’t disappoint.
Start off by cutting up the Snickers bar. I used 2 large bars to get the 1 1/2 cups chopped Snickers that I needed.
With a hand mixer beat the butter and peanut butter together. Then add the sugars and beat until smooth. Next add the egg and beat until incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla extract and beat again. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the mixture and mix until well incorporated. Finally add the chocolate chips and the chopped up Snickers bar and mix.
Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Flatten each cookie with either the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350o F for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes then place on a cooling rake to finish cooling. The cookies come of the cookie sheet easier if they have had enough time to cool.
Once cookies are cooled enjoy. Or if your like me I ate several before they even cooled off. Warm cookies are the best! I hope you enjoy.
Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
~ 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
~ 3/4 tsp. baking soda
~ 1/2 tsp. baking powder
~ 1/4 tsp. salt
~ 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
~ 1 cup creamy peanut butter
~ 3/4 cup granulated sugar
~ 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
~ 1 egg
~ 1 Tbsp. milk
~ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
~ 1 1/2 cups chopped Snickers candy bar
~ 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Either line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats or grease two cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto the prepared baking sheets. Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand or bottom of a glass. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
6. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Click Below to Print Recipe