After getting a basket of strawberries and 2 containers of blueberries I was looking for something to make with them. I found this Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake which sounded amazing and reminded me a lot like strawberry shortcake but with a little more flair. It was simple to make and reminded me of summer. A great way to celebrate the warmer weather.
Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake with Berries
~ 1 1/2 cups flour
~ 2 1/1 tsp. baking powder
~ 1 tsp. salt
~ 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
~ 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
~ 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
~ 3 large eggs
~ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
~ 2 lemons zested
~ mixed berries, fresh or frozen
~ whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Grease a loaf pan with butter or non stick spray. In medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine
2. Using either an electric mixer or hand mixer, cream together the butter, ricotta cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and mix until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, place the mixed berries in a small bowl with 1 Tbsp. sugar. Stir well and set aside until serving time.
5. To serve, slice the pound cake and serve with a spoonful of mixed berries. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Click Below to Print Recipe