So I know it has been awhile since I last posted. Things have been a bit crazy around here and I have not done a ton of cooking. I have had family in town and we headed down to Phoenix to catch a spring training game as well as some warmer weather.
But I am back home now and excited to try out a few new recipes. This morning I decided I would make a batch of Snickerdoodle Muffins. I love snickerdoodle cookies so having that same taste for breakfast was right up my alley. I am not sure if these fit under the breakfast category but they were amazing as a breakfast treat.
~ 1 cup butter, softened
~ 1 cup sugar
~ 2 eggs
~ 2 tsp. Vanilla
~ 1/2 cup sour cream
~ 1/4 cup milk
~ 2 1/4 cups flour
~ 3/4 tsp. baking powder
~ 3/4 tsp. baking soda
~ 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Prepare 2 muffin tins with liners. (These muffins are to light a fluffy to use cooking spray instead of muffin liners.)
2. In a bowl add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer. Then mix in the sour cream and milk.
3. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine until you have a smooth batter.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
5. Use a large cookie scooper and plop a scoop of batter into the bowl with the sugar and cinnamon. Gently roll the batter in the sugar and cinnamon. Place the ball into the muffin liner. When you have completed all of the muffins, sprinkle the leftover cinnamon sugar onto the tops of all of the muffins.
6. Bake the muffins at 350o F for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
Click Below to Print Recipe