For the next week I am going to be disconnected from the world, or at least it feels that way. No internet and maybe not even cell phone service. But instead I get to hang out with my family which will be a great thing. Since I won’t be able to share new recipes with you I thought I would take this time to share some of my favorites that I have posted so far. Sometimes they get so far down on the blog that they get forgotten about. These are recipes that we eat in our house at least monthly if not every week. I hope you will give some of them a try and enjoy.
My husband and I were sitting on the couch one night cruising the TV channels because there was nothing on and we stumbled upon a cooking show on one of the health channels. We were instantly mesmerized by it because the host was so different than any of the other cooking shows we had seen. He began making shrimp tacos and we both looked at each other and decided that we wanted to give it a try. It has now become one of my favorite recipes. It is so simple and really fast as well.
~1/2 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp, (31/50′s are perfect) cut into smallish pieces (I always keep a bag of frozen uncooked shrimp on hand)
~ 2 limes
~ 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
~ corn tortillas
~ shredded cabbage (I use the already shredded stuff in a bag to make things quicker)
~ 1/2 cup sour cream
~ 1 small chipotle from a can, NOT a whole can of them – just one as they’re hot, minced fine
- Mix well sour cream, chipotle and juice from 1/2 a lime in small bowl – set aside
- Heat pan well then add oil
- Add shrimp and stir fry quickly – the shrimp will cook fast
- When almost cooked, sprinkle with Old Bay then squeeze juice from half a lime on top
- Give ‘em a quick mix and you’re done
- Heat up tortillas in a pan then assembly. Spread some chipotle sour cream on a tortilla, add shrimp and cabbage, then squeeze a little more lime juice over the top.
Click Below to Print Recipe
Here is the link to the recipe which also includes a video of Sam the Cooking Guy making the shrimp tacos as well.