My husband loves ribs however we have not made them at home. He got a craving and decided it was time to make them. Let me just say they were amazing. Cooking in the oven first is the key to making them tender. The barbecue at the end just gives them that barbecue flavor.
Baby Back Ribs
~ 2 lbs. pork baby back ribs
~ 1/4 cup brown sugar
~ 1 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
~ 1 Tbs. salt
~ 1 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
~ 1 tsp. garlic powder
~ 1 tsp. onion powder
~ 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
~ your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Remove membrane from the back of ribs.
2. Mix together brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne to make your dry rub.
3. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of ribs. Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray. Rub the dry rub all over the ribs and place each portion in its own piece of foil. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 300o F.
5. Bake ribs wrapped tightly in the foil at 300o F for 2 hours.
6. Let ribs cool for 1/2 hour to 1 hour to firm up.
7. Brush ribs with your favorite barbecue sauce and grill on medium heat for 5 minutes per side. Add extra sauce as needed.
*You can thin the sauce with the juice from the meat if needed.
Click Below to Print Recipe