I have always been a big fan of potato salad. I usually make it quite a bit during the summer months. I typically make the same recipe that is on the back of the mayo jar. It is the same recipe that my mom made growing up and I always liked it so saw no reason to try something new, until I found a Bacon Ranch Potato Salad recipe. I love bacon and ranch so why not. It was a great surprise and much different from my beloved recipe. Since you use sour cream or yogurt it has a tarter taste and the chives, parsley, green onion, and garlic give it a refreshing taste. My husband gobbled it up which is great since he isn’t a big fan of potato salad. Hope your family enjoys it as much as we did.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
~ 2 lb. red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
~ 1 Tbsp. salt
~ 1/4 cup mayo
~ 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
~ 2-3 Tbsp. chopped chives
~ 2-3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
~ 1 small green onion
~ 1 clove minced garlic
~ Juice of 1/2 lemon
~ 1/4 cup buttermilk
~ salt and pepper to taste
~ 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked to a crisp
1. Cover potatoes with 1-2 inches of cold water and add 1 Tbsp. salt.
2. Whisk mayo, yogurt or sour cream, chives, parsley, green onion, garlic, lemon, and buttermilk together in a small bowl.
3. Salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Bring potatoes to a boil and reduce heat to medium, cooking until the potatoes are fork tender (8-10 minutes).
5. Drain potatoes and return to the pot or transfer to a serving bowl. Let cool 5-10 minutes (potatoes should be very warm but not steaming hot.)
6. Pour half of the ranch dressing over the potatoes and toss.
7. Refrigerate about an hour, until cold
8. Toss with remaining dressing and crumbled bacon, and serve cold.
Click Below to Print Recipe