Growing up my husbands family made this recipe all the time. He loves it so much that he asks for it often. The great thing about this recipe is that it is so much easier than making enchiladas but you still get all the same flavor. It does make a lot which is great for a big family or if yours is smaller like mine you have several days of left overs.
~ 2 lb. hamburger
~ 1 can cream of chicken soup
~ 1 can cream of mushroom soup
~ 1 can enchilada sauce (small can)
~ 1 can small diced Ortega green peppers
~ 1 can pitted olives, chopped
~ 1 can condensed milk (5.5 oz.)
~ 1/2 lb. grated cheese
~ 12 corn tortillas
~ 1 bundle of green onions, chopped
1. Brown hamburger and drain off grease
2. Add in cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, enchilada sauce, Ortega green peppers, condensed milk, and olives. Mix well and then simmer for 30 minutes.
3. While hamburger mixture is simmering, cut tortillas in quarters and layer bottom of 13 x 11 inch dish with half of the tortillas.
4. After hamburger mixture has simmered for 30 minutes, spread half of meat mixture over tortillas. Place another layer of tortillas and then spread with the rest of the meat mixture. Top with grated cheese and green onions.
5. Bake at 350o F for 30 minutes.
Click Below to Print Recipe