You know summer is in full swing when you have vine ripe tomatoes coming out your ears. I love vine ripe tomatoes. Sliced with a bit of salt, topped with tuna salad or chicken salad, and of course BLT’s. If you need a few more things in your tomato repertoire try this great Bruschetta recipe. I liked it so much I could of made this my meal instead of just a side!
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
~ 6 roma tomatoes, diced
~ 2 cloves garlic, chopped
~ 2 cloves garlic, peeled
~ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
~ 2 1/4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
~ 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
~ 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
~ 2 Tbsp. grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1. Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
2. When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
3. Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
4. Meanwhile toast the bread either in the toaster or under the broiler (just be careful not to burn the bread).
5. When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
6. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
7. Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Click Below to Print Recipe