Some of you may have been wondering what has happened to me. Well my daughter has started preschool, swim season is in full swing bright and early with 5 am practice, my husband school has also started, and I am still trying to run a Bountiful Basket site in our small town. So basically what that means is I spend most of my day driving back and forth from my house every few hours and haven’t had much time to cook or even sleep!
Now I know many of you are in the same position especially with school starting up again. So I have decided to take a few days to show case some of the recipes that I like when cooking just isn’t at the top of your list. These recipes can either be made a head of time or take almost no time at all to make.
The first recipe in this series is Enchilada Casserole. Now this recipe does take a bit of time to make but if you make on Sunday and stick in the fridge all you have to do on Monday night is pop it in the oven and make up a salad or a veggie and in no time you have dinner ready to go. The other reason why I love this recipe is that it makes so much for my family that we can eat it as leftovers for several nights. This means I don’t have to worry about cooking for a few days.
~ 2 lb. hamburger
~ 1 can cream of chicken soup
~ 1 can cream of mushroom soup
~ 1 can enchilada sauce (small can)
~ 1 can small diced Ortega green peppers
~ 1 can pitted olives, chopped
~ 1 can condensed milk (5.5 oz.)
~ 1/2 lb. grated cheese
~ 12 corn tortillas
~ 1 bundle of green onions, chopped
1. Brown hamburger and drain off grease
2. Add in cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, enchilada sauce, Ortega green peppers, condensed milk, and olives. Mix well and then simmer for 30 minutes.
3. While hamburger mixture is simmering, cut tortillas in quarters and layer bottom of 13 x 11 inch dish with half of the tortillas.
4. After hamburger mixture has simmered for 30 minutes, spread half of meat mixture over tortillas. Place another layer of tortillas and then spread with the rest of the meat mixture. Top with grated cheese and green onions.
5. Bake at 350o F for 30 minutes.
Click Below to Print Recipe