So here we are middle of the week and if your house is anything like mine you are tired and at a loss on what to make for dinner! Sound familiar? Well give this recipe a try and it won’t disappoint. I had been wanting to make tater tot casserole ever since I saw it on 16 Kids and Counting. But let me assure you their recipe will feed an army and it would be way to much for this family of 4. When I saw this recipe on Craving Comfort I just knew I would be giving it a try. It was super easy to make, could be double very easily, can be frozen for an easy weeknight meal, and is great warmed up. Now that is my kind of meal!
~ 1 lb. ground beef
~ 1/2 medium onion, chopped
~ 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
~ 1 16 oz. package frozen tater tots
~ 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
~ salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375o F.
2. Brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
4. Combine ground beef mixture and cream soup and then spread evenly in a 9 x 9 casserole dish.
5. Top mixture with tater tots.
6. Bake, uncovered for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and tots are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and top with cheese, return to oven until melted.
Click Below to Print Recipe