Any one who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Starbucks. The main reason why is because their coffee is so much sweeter than any where else. For Christmas I got a Keurig single cup coffee brewer which has drastically cut down on my Starbucks until summer hit. Then I wanted cold drinks instead of hot ones. I was so happy to find this Iced Coffee recipe because it is seriously the best I have had at home. It tastes just like a Frappuccino, even my husband agrees. It takes a bit to make the coffee but once you have it made you will have enough to last you a few weeks depending on how much you drink. The key to this deliciousness is the sweet cream, so don’t leave it out.
~ 1 gallon water (I just bought a gallon of drinking water)
~ 1 lb. bag of your favorite rich coffee (course ground if you can)
~ Coffee filters or several layers of cheesecloth
~ a fine mesh strainer
~ a large bowl
~ pitcher big enough to hold a gallon
1. Pour gallon of water into your large bowl.
2. Dump the entire bag of coffee into the water.
3. Stir to make sure all grounds are saturated with water.
4. Let sit for 12 hours or overnight.
5. Line a mesh strainer with a coffee filter or several layers of cheese cloth, set the strainer on top of your pitcher.
6. Ladle your coffee mixture into the strainer. This part takes awhile and you might have to replace the filters several times.
7. Once all the coffee concentrate has been filtered, stick it in the fridge, it will last for a month.
~ 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
~ 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1. Mix both cans together, refrigerate.
To make your Iced coffee take a glass and fill with ice. Pour coffee concentrate into the glass, filling it a little more than half full. Add sweet cream into the coffee until full or to taste. Stir to combine and then enjoy!
Click Below to Print Recipe