These are the best mashed potatoes every! That is really all that needs to be said! I made these to go along with the Chicken Fried steak and The Pioneer did not disappoint on these creamy mashed potatoes. I also had a head of cauliflower to use up so I boiled it with the potatoes and mashed it right in with them. A great way to hide another vegetable in a very yummy side dish.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
~ 2 sticks butter, softened
~ 5 lbs. russet or Yukon gold potatoes
~ 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
~ 1 cup heavy cream
~ 1/2 to 1 tsp. seasoned salt
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 1 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Generously butter a 4 quart baking dish.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes in a large colander. Place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape before adding in all the other ingredients.
4. Turn off the heat and add 1 1/2 sticks butter, the cream cheese, heavy cream, seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Mash to combine.
5. Spread the potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Throw pats of the remaining butter over the top of the potatoes and bake until the butter is melted and the potatoes are warmed through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Click Below to Print Recipe