We have a restaurant in our small town called Cracker Barrel. There menu is what I would call down home cooking or comfort food. Things like fried Okra and collard greens are on the menu. Our family loves their baby carrots and when I got a bag of carrots in our Bountiful Basket for 2 weeks in a row I was out to copy that recipe. The restaurant uses baby carrots but I just cut my carrots into bite sized pieces and they turned out great. It was a big hit at my house and got rid of a lot of carrots.
Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots
~ 2 lbs. fresh baby carrots
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 1 Tbsp. sugar
~ 2 Tbsp. butter
1. Rinse carrots and put in a sauce pan, pouring enough water n pan to just cover the top of the carrots.
2. Cover carrots and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Turn heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork.
4. When carrots are tender pour off half to three fourths of the water.
5. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and adjust to taste.
Click Below to Print Recipe