I found this recipe on She Wars Many Hats. It is a great blog and since I had lots of peaches I knew I had to give it a try. They turned out great! My husband loved them and thinks that the filling would also be great with crescent roll dough wrapped around it. I am sure we will give that a try as well. A fun summer time dessert.
~ 2 lbs. ripe peaches, sliced/diced (about 8 peaches)
~ 2 Tbsp. flour
~ 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
~ canola or vegetable oil, enough for about 1 inch of oil in your pan
~ wonton wrappers
~ powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Slice up the peaches and toss in a large bowl with flour and brown sugar.
2. Lay out the wonton wrappers, drop about a Tbsp. of peaches and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
3. Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
4. Fold up the wonton wrappers making sure the edges are sealed thoroughly to avoid the oil from splattering.
5. Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat to 375o F. Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel lined pan.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool ever so slightly and enjoy!
Click Below to Print Recipe