I was recommended this recipe by Healthy Moms Kitchen and since I had a pineapple from my basket this week I made a few changes and had a great meal. The original recipe comes from The Food Network. Instead of using a can of pineapple slices I sliced my pineapple and followed the recipe as is.
Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Burgers
~ 1 can Pineapple Slices
~ 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
~ 2 lbs. ground turkey or chicken
~ 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
~ 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
~ 8 hamburger buns
~ 8 slices Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
1. Drain pineapple, reserve 1/2 cup of juice. Reserve 2 pineapple slices for snack or other use.
2. Stir together teriyaki sauce and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl.
3. Mix together ground turkey, ginger, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup teriyaki mixture. Shape into 8 patties
4. Grill patties, brushing with remaining teriyaki mixture, until brown and cooked through. Place pineapple slices on grill and cook until lightly golden brown.
5. Serve burgers on buns with cheese and pineapple.
Click Below to Print Recipe